Isaiah 61:3

Isaiah 61:3 - They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor.

Saturday 24 December 2011

Emmanuel

Emmanuel. The name for Jesus meaning "God with us." The perfect name to contemplate on Christmas Eve...

As a young woman, I felt alone. Misunderstood. Under-appreciated. I felt like no one really got me. I made some poor choices in a desperate attempt to find someone who would see my value, know me deeply, and love me fully.

I looked right past God.
               The God who sees me (Genesis 16:13).
                              The God who knows me (Psalm 139:1-18).
                                              The God who loves me (Isaiah 54:10).

The God who took on human form, who was born as a baby over 2000 years ago so He could experience our humanity and be fully with us.

Experiencing Emmanuel has changed my life. God is with me - I am never alone. I am fully known and fully loved.
Look! The virgin will conceive a child! She will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel, which means 'God is with us.'                       Matthew 1:23
The miracle of Christmas: the same God who was born as a baby in a stable long ago has been born in my heart and I will never be the same. Hallelujah! The King is here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4I6-9HFyYE&feature=player_embedded (just one of my very favourite Christmas songs!)

No comments:

Post a Comment